Answered By: [Prof.] Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Dec 10, 2015 Views: 41
People use the word "archive" to mean different things:
- If you are looking for FIT's College Archives or other older and/or rarer materials like original drawings & documents or even very old magazines (before approximately 1930), you'll want to get in touch with the Library's Special Collections & FIT Archives unit.
- Most of our magazines from 1930 and later are available in a less-restricted part of the library so check StyleCat or this list (with titles, descriptions, holdings, and other details)
- Vogue Archive and WWD Archive are online databases also available remotely with a current FIT user name and password.
- Some people may remember the Library's old clippings files--picture files, designer files etc; If you're looking for those, check StyleCat the Library's online catalog to see if we have what you need, or Ask A Librarian for more details
- Of course, if you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you need an appointment to visit any part of the library, so call us at 212.217.4400.
Question Form (Email us)
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods. Chat hours are more limited than library opening times.
Fall Chat Hours (August 18 - December 21, 2018)
- Monday-Thursday 10 am - 9pm
- Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm
- Saturday 1 pm - 6:30 pm
- Sunday : 1:30 pm - 8:00
FIT Library CLOSED December 22, 2018 - January 1, 2019
More ways to contact us
You can also
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISITING THE FIT LIBRARY?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.