Answered By: Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Dec 10, 2015 Views: 102
We have so many places to research historical fashion--this is FIT, after all!--where to begin? Here's a research guide we've created, Fashion and Clothing History.
- StyleCat lists all the books, DVDs and e-books we have
- TIP: Search the phrase clothing and dress (or accessories, jewelry, shoes, or footwear ) along with the time period (e.g. 17th century) and/or the name of a country or culture (e.g. France)
- Browse through a list of costume history books
- Search our e-book collections (FIT user name and password required)
Articles : through FIT Library databases (FIT user name and password required)
- JSTOR, for scholarly articles
- General OneFile or MasterFILE Premier for articles from a wider variety of sources
Question Form (Email us)
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods. Chat hours are more limited than library opening times.
- Fall Chat Hours (August 18 - December 21, 2018)
Monday-Thursday 10 am - 9pm
Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm
Saturday 1 pm - 6:30 pm
Sunday : 1:30 pm - 8:00 pm
More ways to contact us
You can also
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISITING THE FIT LIBRARY?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.