Answered By: Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Dec 10, 2015 Views: 41
While there's no best or one-size-fits-all database, we can make a few suggestions to get you started!
- OneSearch (new this year) is a combination search of the Library catalog (which lists books, DVDs etc that are physically available at FIT) along with many (but not all) of our approximately 150 databases
- Pick some of the databases we suggest for your specific topic. Next to the name of each database, there's a + that you can expand to see a short description of what it covers.
ABC-CLIO eBook Collection : E-books , especially strong on popular culture, US history & society.
- Some databases that cover a huge number of magazines and journals, on many topics and from general interest, trade and scholarly publications are:
- Need more ideas? Start Here or Ask a Librarian
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods. Chat hours are more limited than library opening times.
- Summer Chat Hours May 29 - August 5, 2018:
Monday-Thursday 10 am - 6pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday : CLOSED
Thursday June 21 CLOSED for FIT Library Professional Development Day
Wednesday July 4 CLOSED
Friday July 6 : OPEN and we will have chat service 10 am - 4pm
August 6 - 16, 2018:
Monday-Thursday 10 am - 4pm
August 17 (Friday) 10 am - 4pm
Fall hours begin August 18
More ways to contact us
You can also
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISITING THE FIT LIBRARY?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.