Answered By: Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Dec 10, 2015 Views: 41
While there's no best or one-size-fits-all database, we can make a few suggestions to get you started!
- OneSearch (new this year) is a combination search of the Library catalog (which lists books, DVDs etc that are physically available at FIT) along with many (but not all) of our approximately 150 databases
- Pick some of the databases we suggest for your specific topic. Next to the name of each database, there's a + that you can expand to see a short description of what it covers.
ABC-CLIO eBook Collection : E-books , especially strong on popular culture, US history & society.
- Some databases that cover a huge number of magazines and journals, on many topics and from general interest, trade and scholarly publications are:
- Need more ideas? Start Here or Ask a Librarian
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods. Chat hours are shorter than library opening times.
- Spring chat hours January 27 - May 25, 2018
Monday - Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm
Saturday 11 am - 4 pm
Sunday 1pm - 8 pm
More ways to contact us
You can also
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISITING THE FIT LIBRARY?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.
If you want to request a library instruction session/research overview/tour for your class, use this form (instead of submitting a question, chat, or text message) for the quickest response.