Answered By: Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Jul 13, 2017 Views: 70
The FIT Library keeps only the latest 3 months of the NYT newspaper in printed format. Most other libraries do something similar since newsprint deteriorates so quickly and the papers take up so much space.
We suggest you use these options for older articles:
- The New York Public Library, Schwarzman Building (42nd st and 5th Avenue) has microfilm of the NYT. Click here to check if they have the dates you need.
- New York Times Historical [1851-2013] (FIT user name and password required) has the articles and--for some years--a way to get to pdfs of the individual pages.
After you're logged into the database, find any article for the date you need, then click on "page view" option that appears just above the article/pdf so you can scroll through other pages in that issue.
- For the years 1985 - current, you can use New York Times [through Gale databases such as InfoTrac Newsstand] database (FIT user name and password required) to browse a whole issue for a specific date, but all you can get is the articles, not ads or scans of the page itself.
- nytimes.com has some whole issues online but they may not have all the years you want for this project.
Times Machine covers 1851 to 1980. This feature is only available to digital subscribers and may not work with the New York Times Academic Pass.
Today's Paper feature only lists 7 days at a time. You can see all articles day by day, section by section, but no ads, scans of inside pages (the front page is viewable) etc.
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods. Chat hours are shorter than library opening times.
- Spring chat hours January 27 - May 25, 2018
Monday - Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm
Saturday 11 am - 4 pm
Sunday 1pm - 8 pm
- Monday, May 26 - 28 (Memorial Day weekend) CLOSED
- Summer Chat Hours May 29 - August 5, 2018:
Monday-Thursday 10 am - 6pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday : CLOSED
Friday July 6 we will have chat service open 10 am - 4pm
August 6 - 16, 2018:
Monday-Thursday 10 am - 4pm
August 17 (Friday) 10 am - 4pm
Fall hours begin August 18
More ways to contact us
You can also
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISITING THE FIT LIBRARY?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.