Answered By: Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Dec 14, 2015 Views: 49
Hi, you can search StyleCat to see if the FIT Library has the book (or DVD, or other type of material) you need.
- we don't generally buy textbooks, but sometimes we have a recent copy or an older version , or your professor lent us a copy, so check StyleCat anyway
- other readings for your class might not be textbooks, but we may or may not have them depending on whether your professor formally requested that we buy them (we don't automatically get a list of readings for the hundreds or thousands of classes here every semester!)
- check the catalog 2 ways (e.g. once by author, once by title) to be sure, or ask a librarian for help. Sometimes you've been given wrong information ; for example, the spelling of the author's name might have a typo, or the book name is slightly off like "market research" instead of "marketing research".
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods. Chat hours are more limited than library opening times.
- Summer Chat Hours : August 6 - 16, 2018:
Monday-Thursday 10 am - 4pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday : CLOSED
- August 17 (Friday) 10 am - 4pm
- Fall Chat Hours (August 18 - December 21, 2018)
Monday-Thursday 10 am - 9pm
Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm
Saturday 11 am - 6:30 pm
Sunday : 1 pm - 8 pm
More ways to contact us
You can also
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISITING THE FIT LIBRARY?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.