Answered By: Maria Rothenberg Last Updated: Feb 27, 2017 Views: 192
The Library grants access to alumni and other qualified researchers after our determination that Library collections meet the researcher's specifically outlined needs and if s/he qualifies for an appointment. Check out our Visit the Library page for details and to submit an appointment request form .
Visitors have access to most materials & services at the Library, but there are a few exceptions. Note: This list is subject to change without notice.
- General computer access for internet, e-mail, or word processing, and WiFi / wireless network access are not available for visitors.
Note that we do not accept appointments that are primarily for the use of library equipment such as scanners, lightboxes, software etc.
We allow access to online databases using designated computers on the 5th floor only.
Use of library computers is for research purposes only but we can refer you to nearby facilities (a public library or commercial operation) for other needs.
There are photocopiers and free-standing scanners available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Because of licensing restrictions, some print and online materials are for use by currently-registered FIT students and faculty only--no exceptions. These include print and online forecasting & trend services (Doneger Creative Services, WGSN, etc.) and some media and market research studies (MRI, Mintel, etc).
- Visitors may only use materials in the Library; borrowing for use outside the Library is not permitted.
- FIT Library database resources are not available for visitors' use remotely outside the Library. We can recommend Online Resources for Non-FIT Students.
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods. Chat hours are shorter than library opening times.
- Fall chat hours begin August 19, 2017
Monday - Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm
Saturday 11 am - 4 pm
Sunday 1pm - 8 pm
More ways to contact us
You can also
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISITING THE FIT LIBRARY?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.
If you want to request a library instruction session/research overview/tour for your class, use this form (instead of submitting a question, chat, or text message) for the quickest response.