Answered By: Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Dec 19, 2016 Views: 55
While we love to help our alumni succeed, our database subscriptions come with specific conditions set by the publishers.
- Remote access to all of our databases is restricted to current FIT students (full-time and part-time) and employees. Some of the databases you want might be available online though public libraries in NYC or where you live. See Online Resources for Non-FIT Students for some suggestions.
- Call us at 212.217.4400 to discuss what you need and we can let you know if it makes sense for you to come in to the library to use our databases., But...
- Online forecasts/ trend services and some marketing research databases are very specialized professional resources and we are fortunate to be able to provide them to current FIT users. When you are enrolled here, you can gain the experience with many different resources and impress your future employers. However, there are no exceptions to the no-access restriction that applies to both use in the library and remote use of all forecast and some market research databases.
There are some unrestricted or freely-available trend services; here are trend and forecasting magazines that you can purchase from the publishers or at selected stores and newsstands, see in the library (by appointment) and selected websites that we've identified.
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods.
- Summer chat hours May 30 - August 6, 2017
Monday - Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
Closed Friday - Sunday
- Intersession chat hours August 7 - 16, 2017 and August 18, 2017
Monday - Thursday 10 am - 4 pm
Closed Friday - Sunday
- We will be closed Thursday August 17, 2017, but you may submit questions via our Question Form and they will be answered the following day
- Fall chat hours begin August 19, 2017
Monday - Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm
Saturday 11 am - 4 pm
Sunday 1pm - 8 pm
More ways to contact us
You can also
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISITING THE FIT LIBRARY?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.
If you want to request a library instruction session/research overview/tour for your class, use this form (instead of submitting a question, chat, or text message) for the quickest response.