Answered By: [Prof.] Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Feb 06, 2020 Views: 19
Sorry you're having trouble with GFK MRI. It's one of the databases that requires extra steps to use.
The best way to know that is to always check the + after the database name on our website e.g. here
For GFK MRI, each semester you have to
- Login (with the link you see in the +), to get the access code, using your FIT user name/password
- THEN take that code to another link (shown in the +) and fil out the form
- THEN wait for an email from GFK/MRI
- Finally, login through the link on the database page
Some of our databases put these steps in place so they can be very sure that only current students are using them, but we understand that it seems complicated! We're always happy to help you figure it out.
Question Form (Email us)
Chat with FIT Library
See Library schedule for additional changes in hours due to holidays and college break periods. Chat hours are more limited than library opening times.
- Spring Semester Chat Hours (January 25, 2020 - May 22, 2020)
- Monday - Thursday : 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday : 10:00am - 6:30pm
- Saturday : 1:30pm - 6:30pm
- Sunday: 2:30pm - 8:30pm
Questions about visiting the FIT Library?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.