Answered By: [Prof.] Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Dec 10, 2019 Views: 192
While we love to help our alumni succeed, our database subscriptions come with specific conditions set by the publishers.
- Remote access to all of our databases is restricted to current FIT students (full-time and part-time) and employees. Some of the databases you want might be available online through public libraries in NYC or where you live. See Online Resources for Non-FIT Students for some suggestions.
- Call us at 212.217.4400 to discuss what you need and we can let you know if it makes sense for you to request an appointment to come in to the library to use our databases., But...
- Online forecasts/ trend services and some marketing research databases are very specialized professional resources and we are fortunate to be able to provide them to current FIT users. When you are enrolled here, you can gain the experience with many different resources and impress your future employers. However, there are no exceptions to the no-access restriction that applies to both use in the library and remote use of all forecast and some market research databases.
- There are some unrestricted or freely-available trend services; here's a list of trend and forecasting magazines that you can purchase from the publishers or at selected stores and newsstands, see in the library (by appointment) and selected websites that we've identified.
Question Form (Email us)
Chat with FIT Library
FIT Library is open ONLINE for chat, text, and email messages
- FALL CHAT HOURS: (August 23- December 23, 2020)
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12 Noon to 7:00 pm
Sunday, September 27 10:00am - 5:00pm
Monday, September 28, 2020 , Yom Kippur: FIT and Library CLOSED,
No Chat Services
Questions about visiting the FIT Library?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.