Answered By: [Prof.] Naomi at FIT Library Last Updated: Jul 18, 2019 Views: 151
We have so many places to research historical fashion--this is FIT, after all!--where to begin? Here's a research guide we've created, Fashion and Clothing History.
- OneSearch ("Library Catalog" search) lists all the books, DVDs and e-books we have
- TIP: Search the phrase clothing and dress (or accessories, jewelry, shoes, or footwear ) along with the time period (e.g. 17th century) and/or the name of a country or culture (e.g. France)
- Browse through a list of costume history books
- Search our e-book collections (FIT user name and password required)
Articles : through FIT Library databases (FIT user name and password required)
- JSTOR, for scholarly articles
- General OneFile or MasterFILE Premier for articles from a wider variety of sources
Question Form (Email us)
Chat with FIT Library
FIT Library is open ONLINE for chat, text, and email messages
- FALL CHAT HOURS: (August 23- December 23, 2020)
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12 Noon to 7:00 pm
Sunday, September 27 10:00am - 5:00pm
Monday, September 28, 2020 , Yom Kippur: FIT and Library CLOSED,
No Chat Services
Questions about visiting the FIT Library?
If you are not a current FIT or SUNY student or employee, you must request an appointment in order to use the FIT Library. Please see Visit the Library and submit your request through the form on that page.